Monday, February 8, 2010

24 Hour Log

Sunday 2/7


1:50pm- Brady's (My suitemate's) iTunes

Diamonds are a girl's best friend- Carol Channing

Lola- Damn Yankees

Goodbye/Boom Boom- Elegies, A Song Cycle (William Finn)

Anytime- Elegies


2:30pm- When I told my friend I had just started my 24 hour log he decided to be annoying and started singing everything he said.


3:00pm- Brady's iTunes

Don't Rain on My Parade- Barbra Streisand (Funny Girl)


3:15pmish-4pmish- iPod shuffle at the Gym

Wrapped up in Books- Belle & Sebastian

Rockin the suburbs- Ben Folds

Sound of settling- Death Cab for Cutie

July, July!- The Decemberists

Change the Water- Dirtie Blonde

Walk Over Me- Dirtie Blonde

I'd Rather Dance With You- Kings of Convenience


5pmish- My iTunes on shuffle

Let's Get Lost- Elliott Smith

Tahquamenon Falls- Sufjan Stevens

Take a Chance On Me- ABBA

Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games- Of Montreal

Take, O Take Those Lips Away- Public Theatre Twelfth Night Soundtrack (Anne Hathaway)

Penny On the Train Track- Ben Kweller

Gospel With No Lord- Camille

Maybe This Time- Glee (Kristin Chenowith and Lea Michele)

White Boys- Hair Revival Cast Recording


7:30ish-9pmish- Steinert

Practiced Chord Progressions,

Various Songs for Voice lessons that I probably won't sing


9pm- Jo's

Bad Romance- Lady Gaga


9:15- My itunes

Valerie- Amy Winehouse


10-11- Keys Rehearsal

Gershwin Medley- But Not for Me, They can't take that away from me, Summertime, I got rhythm

Think- Aretha Franklin


11-12- MF Meeting

Friends singing: Into the Woods, Merrily we roll along


12:15amish-3:45amish Tunes on shuffle:

Worn Me Down- Rachel Yamagata

Keep it There- The Weepies

Better-Regina Spektor

Your Ex-Lover is Dead- Stars

Fast Car- Tracy Chapman

Paganini Caprices

That's Really Super, Supergirl- XTC

Best for Last- Adele

My Girl Back Home- South Pacific

All Alright- Sigur Ros

From the Morning- Nick Drake

The Kids Don't Stand a Chance- Vampire Weekend

Why Don't We Do it in the Road- The Beatles

Oh! Darling- The Beatles

Come Away Death (Orchestral)- Twelfth Night Soundtrack

Las de la intuicion- Shakira

Father to Son- King's Singers

Magic- Ben Folds Five

I Don't Know Where I Stand- Joni Mitchell

Full Phathom Five- Twelfth Night Soundtrack (Audra McDonald, Anne Hathaway)

Give Me One Reason- Tracy Chapman

Mon petit vieux- Camille

Fingerprint File- Rolling Stones

It's Too Late- Carole King

Steer- Missy Higgins

Glad Tidings- Van Morrison

Happiness- The Weepies

Every Night When the Sun Goes Down- GHS Chamber Singers Choir

All That I Want- The Weepies

Painting By Chagall- The Weepies

Mary Jo- Belle & Sebastian

So Far Away- Carole King

Mom Song-Passing Strange

Is it Wicked Not to Care?

Love is Innocent- Colin Hay

Opera Singer- Cake

If You Find Yourself Caught in Love- Belle & Sebastian

I'll Fly Away- Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch?

Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da- The Beatles

Red Right Ankle- The Decemberists


11:45am- iTunes

I Got Life- Hair Revival Cast Recording

I'm a Cuckoo- Belle & Sebastian

Catch My Disease- Ben Lee


1pm- Voice lesson

Random arpeggios/scales for warming up

Perfect- Tom Kitt (Cut from High Fidelity)

The Song is You- Music in the Air (Hammerstein and Kern)


2pm- Music 1011

Various keyboard chord progressions

Harmonic Dictation

1 comment:

  1. I think it's interesting that you pretty much [seem to] listen to the same kinds of music in the morning as you do late-night. A pretty mixed bag, a lot of the same kind of things I listen to, alt-rock/mainstream with a healthy amount of soundtrack/musical theatre but somehow I expected maybe less soundtrack stuff at night simply because it doesn't lend itself as well to background music. Maybe that's just me, though.

    Also I love that you have your show choir - I love listening to my old band/chorus concerts on iTunes.

    ReplyDelete